Centennial College departments may request Faculty/Staff/Student pictures to be used for official college business, including and not limited to presentation prior to exam writing. In order to have your Centennial College ID card ready for you upon your arrival, we ask that you submit a color Passport style PHOTO in jpeg format. You may submit a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site.
By submitting this photo for your College ID you agree this photo may be used by Centennial College. Please contact the myCard Office if you have questions about the Centennial College Photo Identification policy or visit the Centennial College website at centennialcollege.ca/policies.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
The above photos represent acceptable photos. Notice that they are very similar in size and requirements to Canadian Passport photos.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines to ensure your photo is accepted:
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Photo must be in color
- The entire face should be in focus
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face refer to Centennial College Photo Identification policy
- Shoulders must be covered
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- DO NOT apply filters to the photo
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Facial features of student should be clearly evident in the photo High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo, please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the myCard site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
This page displays your account information used by myPhoto:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your jpeg file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this online tool to crop or resize your photo. After you are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with your myCard shown with your uploaded photo.
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
Does your photo look like the given example?
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance and understanding of submitting your photo using this online tool:
I have reviewed the necessary photo requirements of Centennial College. I understand that if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted, my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted. I hereby certify that the information provided is correct and the photo I am uploading is a true image of myself. I understand that by submitting this photo it will become part of my official record and can be used by Centennial College for official purposes and/or by other affiliated institutions if I am enrolled in a joint/collaborative Centennial College program. Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the Centennial College myCard system.
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the Centennial College myCard system.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display that will contain your tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the Centennial College myCard Photo Upload Site.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our myCard database.
Student or Employee is provided a tracking number to track the status of their photo. The student or employee will receive a confirmation e mail photo successfully submitted and then an approval e mail when the photo is approved or declined e mail if the photo is declined including the reason for the decline, e.g. beach in the background.